Thursday, October 01, 2009

Twitter , major source of Blog traffic


The importance of Twitter can be realised only if one looks at the interesting findings by hubspot
These were some statistics, this was done in 2008..

  • Twitter traffic has grown over 600% in the past 12 months
  • Twitter became one of the top 1,000 websites by traffic in May 2008
  • Twitter is dominated by newer users, 70% of Twitter users joined in 2008
  • An estimated 5-10 thousand new accounts are opened each day
All these facts mean that Twitter is a very significant platform for bloggers. Bloggers can increase their blog traffic and exposure by finding, getting in touch and providing good readable content to who interested.

Well, I myself have just started blogging, my enthusiasm is at its peak now. I want to keep writing some good stuff and popularize my blog through mediums like Facebook and Twitter. Internet has a plethora of information, the only thing needed is some acumen to tap it to your own benefit which I intend to do thoroughly.

Have started with stumbleupon,twitter and facebook. :)

No comments: