Prunes do contain a large percentage of sugar but since its natural sugar, I think its not harmful. plus one of my points below talks about the low GI of Prunes.Lets look at the benefits of prunes...
- Prunes are rich in fiber and acts as a natural laxative. Hence, good for the digestive system and in naturally curing constipation
- contain important nutrients like Iron,calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins like A, B, C, and E.
- Since they are rich in Vitamin A and betacarotene, they are helpful for your eyesight
- Help to lower blood cholestrol
- Prunes can also slow down your mind and body’s aging process and thus they help in preventing aging related problems like memory loss, lack of focus, and others.
- Having a low glycemic index(GI - The glycemic index gives us an idea of which foods raise our blood glucose fastest and highest. ) prunes help to moderate the glycemic response in those who have diabetes despite their high carbohydrate content and natural sugars. I wanted to stress on this point.
- High in antioxidants, means that eating just 4 of these super fruits a day is as good for your skin as any expensive anti-wrinkle creams.
- Helpful in weight loss and in preventing overeating as they give this feeling of fullness