Friday, October 02, 2009

Diwali is coming..


Myriad thoughts crossing my mind. Diwali..desperate to go home..Gandhi Jayanti..Freedom so labouriously earned that we so enjoy today..My Blog..Time Management..Jab We Met :D yeah its running on the Colors channel now..one of my all time favourite movies...Imagine if someone could be like Geet in real life :D

One more prominent thought in my mind is ways to improve my writing (skills) Let me be modest and include skills like an optional word :P Seriously I need to learn a lot when it comes to writing. Was going through some good blogs, one of my friends shared with me http://www.whatay.com/, this blogger is very popular, name's Sidin. But gosh, there is a plethora of things when it comes to blogging. In my opinion, once you start being a regular blogger you start getting a hang of things. Equally important is reading other blogs and giving important comments. The world of Blogging is so vast and so interesting, I wonder why I discovered it recently.

Moving on to Diwali, the festival of lights, the festival of crackers and sweets. One of our major Indian festivals, when the light of lamps enlightens all places and the sound of crackers echoes through the night. When Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of Wealth is worshipped, according to mythology Lakshmi jee incarnated on the new moon day (amaavasyaa) of the Kartik month during the churning of the ocean (samudra-manthan), hence the association of Diwali with Lakshmi.

I always associate Diwali with home, and presence of my loved ones. I just remember one Diwali which I spent away from home. And it did not feel like a festival at all. That was First year B.Tech when we weren't given enough holidays for Diwali. For me, Diwali means being with my parents at home.

More than the sweets preparation, Buying new clothes,Welcoming guests,wishing them,sending cards, more than all of this, for me Diwali is of utmost importance because I am at home with my parents, its a feeling inexplicable, possibly people staying away from home could better fathom. If it weren't for being at home, I would be utterly depressed at Diwali. Although its celebrated without any pomp and show at my home. Nevertheless, the simple Lakshmi jee poojan done by my father, and the simple goodies made by mom, the warmth of their love and care seems to shone much more at Diwali, strangely and why I do not know. Well, can't wait for 17th October and to be at home...

"He who Himself sees all but whom no one beholds, who illumines the intellect, the sun, the moon and the stars and the whole universe but whom they cannot illumine, He indeed is Brahman, He is the inner Self. Celebrate the real Deepavali by living in Brahman, and enjoy the eternal bliss of the soul"


Wish you all a Happy Diwali in advance..




No comments: